centreboard pendant

japie

centreboard pendant

Ungelesener Beitrag von japie »

Hallo,

I'm Dutch, can understand German, but can't wright it.
Since a year I have a Varianta, and I have a problem with the centre board. The first time I lowered it, it got stuck. When taking the boat out of the water this winter, it proved that the pendant was sandwiched between the centreboard and the inside of the centreboard trunk.
Some weeks ago I took the centreboard out, but can not see how the stainless steel pendant works. Also I have doubts about the form of the centre board and the position of the turning point and the connection of the pendant.
Is there someone who has a drawing or sketch of the centreboard, the way the pendant should run, and the way the pendant should be connected to the centreboard (in my case it was done by a stainless steel shackle)?

Kind regards,

Dirk
Armin Krächan

Re: centreboard pendant

Ungelesener Beitrag von Armin Krächan »

Hallo Dirk

Schau doch mal im Forum unter der Rubrick "Biete" nach.Dort werden Edelstahlschwerter angeboten.
Dabei sind auch Fotos der Schwerter auf denen Du die Form sehen kannst.Auf einem Foto sieht man
am Ende der Rundung eine kleine Bohrung.Das Schwertfall erhält an seinem Ende ein Auge und eine kleine
Schraube wird durch die Bohrung und das Auge gesteckt und mit einer Mutter festgezogen.
Dein Edelstahlschäkel ist wohl zu groß und hat sich im Schwertkasten verklemmt.

Gruß Armin
Furai
Bootstypen: Varianta K3 - GER-177
Heimatrevier: Steinhuder Meer
Verein: SKM, NW.096

Ungelesener Beitrag von Furai »

Hello Dirk.

Please have a look at this link:
http://www.marina-grossenbrode.de/t_inf ... usb_va.pdf

Best regards.
Horst.
Furai

and look here (scroll to side 16):

http://www.varianta.org/dwl/pdf/VA_Klas ... 4_2011.pdf

Horst.
Furai

This is the link (what Armin means):

http://www.segelforum.de/edelstahlschwe ... 52691.html

Horst.
japie

Ungelesener Beitrag von japie »

Thanks a lot, all of you.

It appears that the two flanges on the top of the centreboard are missing. So when you drop the board, the pendant isn't kept in place and slips of.
Also the hole for the bolt to connect the pendant to the centreboard is about half a metre further down than it should be. So the pendant slips so far down that it rests on the bolt the board is turning around, and you don't have an arm to make momentum to lift it.

W're going to plasma cut and weld the flanges next week, and close the old hole for the pendant and drill a new one.

Thanks again,

Dirk
Antworten