Jammed sword

Dies ist das alte Forum, aus dem die Beiträge nach und nach in die passenden Kategorien kopiert werden. In diesem Forum können keine neuen Themen erstellt werden, lediglich das Beantworten existierender Themen ist möglich.
Jonathan Poole

Jammed sword

Ungelesener Beitrag von Jonathan Poole »

I purchased my Varianta last year and now sail her regularly on the Solent at Cowes on the Isle of Wight. Unfortunately I have been unable to lower the sword since I purchased the boat in Switzerland. No technical information was available ith the boat. Can anyone please advise me of the best way to unstick the sword (centre-plate in english). And a special request is for replies in english if possible !
Jonathan
Ralf Büsselmann

Jammed sword

Ungelesener Beitrag von Ralf Büsselmann »

Jammed sword is a problem by few Variantas. Problem is the rust inside the keel. The first step you can do is instil MOS2 Oel on the steel cabel of the sword. Try instil the oel in the smal pipe from the sword cable. Handle this mechanics with care, some problems there for leaky pipe. In the next step you can do to jump inside the boat in the position of the keel. Some times the vibration disengage the sword in the keel. Attention, look after the cable that is not to free. Give that all not a answer you must crane the boat and try with a knife or saw the rust to disentangle. I hope thats my english is understood enought.

Bye, and good luck
Ralf
Karl H. Graf

Jammed sword

Ungelesener Beitrag von Karl H. Graf »

Hi, Jonathan,
I had the same problem with my Varianta this season. Did you get your problem solved? If so, please tell me how, because I'm afraid I'll have that problem again next year. I loosened the sword by hitting both sides of the keel with a heavy plastic hammer while the boat was hanging from the crane.
Take care, Karl
Derek.Scott

center plate problems

Ungelesener Beitrag von Derek.Scott »

Hi Joanathan.
I`m a brit living in berlin and also have a Varianta 65 sail number 3015 build 1976.I have had trouble with my center plate at times at the moment I need a new one .If you send me your tephone number complete with the code for london I will give you a ring ( I have a flat rate for England) so it will be no probleme or give me a ring first and I will ring back .Then we can have a good chat about the V A 65 and some of it troubles that can come up I have had my one now for some years.I was born in Lewes Sussex not too far from London and hve a brother living in Burgess Hill By tha name of Gregory .It would be a grate plesssur for me if I can help in some way .Looking forward to getting a reply .By the way my boars name is Meridian Ha the 0 meridian goes through my home town. So as we say over hear alwasy a hands width of water under your boat .Take care and have a nice day Derek Scott.Tel 49 + 30 3236866
Antworten